Sunday 15 June 2014

FOUREYES ON THIS WEEK #13

ALEX - So this week I have been on a bit of a health kick (and I thought I better post about it as it usually only lasts about a week!) Whenever this happens, I start looking for new gym gear which in my opinion always makes the gym a bit more interesting. I found these awesome shoes on www.theiconic.co.nz. I quite like these too.

  
CHIN - So I watched another Eighties movie this week. This time it was Ruthless People, starring Bette Midler and Danny DeVito. The highlight for me was this insane Memphis style set.


  
DANNY - I often go through really bad spells of not reading anything. To shake myself out of it I recently rediscovered the library and I've been working my way through a heap of books over the last couple of months. The last one was a biography of Cleopatra which was pretty insane. Up now is The Disaster Artist, chronicling Greg Sestero's experience filming cult movie, The Room. If you've seen The Room, often described as the worst movie ever made, you'll understand the potential for hilarity in this 'making of'. It's more of an insight into the mind of The Room's producer/director/writer/star Tommy Wiseau than anything else, so essentially reads as a surrealist comedy. If you haven't seen The Room, it occasionally screens at smaller places like The Academy. It's worth going to see it at the movies to really get into the atmosphere - plus you're usually given free plastic spoons which will make sense at the time.


  
MINO - This week I received these awesome House of Holland sunnies. Yes, it is Winter but how good is the sunny weather we have been having so far in Auckland this Winter (apart from that full on storm we had at the beginning of the week this is…that was crazy…) These are pretty cool too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home