Sunday 4 May 2014

FOUREYES ON THIS WEEK #7

Last week, FOUREYES TURNED 3 YEARS OLD! We've all been so busy that we only realised this yesterday! We made a pact early on that we would celebrate these small achievements and although it's late, we will still be celebrating! We can't remember a time when we were not snapping street style, but the last 3 years has flown by and we just wanted to write a quick note this week to thank all of you for your support, encouragement and of course for letting us photograph you! The last 3 years has been an adventure, full of projects that we never dreamed would be possible (our book) and we are super excited for what the future will bring. Thanks again to everyone for being part of this journey!

ALEX - It's always exciting to find our work in different publications so when a friend texted me to tell me our work was in the latest M2 magazine, we had to check it out.

We also chatted to viva.co.nz about our favourite places to visit on weekends in Auckland - check it out here.


  
CHIN - I finally got to visit Federal Delicatessen, aka The Fed. I haven't been to an actual New York City deli but I imagine it to be just like this. I tried their chicken salad sandwich, pastrami hash and poutine - all perfectly delicious. The creaming soda by Six Barrel Soda washed it all down nicely too. I left MORE than satisfied. Next time I'm trying this:


  
DANNY - This weekend we all checked out Semi-Permanent and left feeling creatively recharged. It's nice to hear speakers from such a broad range of creative fields and the stand outs for me weren't necessarily the ones I had expected to appreciate the most as a graphic designer. Creative Director of AQKA, Ian Wharton opened the event with a great talk on youthful thinking that provided the creative kick up the arse I'd expected. But Nat Cheshire's enthralling talk on building the future of Auckland was perhaps even more thought-provoking. Without doubt the heaviest talk of the two days, that by photojournalist Ashley Gilbertson, was also the one that resonated with me the most. It's so easy to become dulled by the constant exposure we have to news and imagery of war that the world is in a perpetual state of. There's nothing like hearing the human stories behind his images of violence, horror and grief to make you question your own priorities and values, and the meaning or pointlessness of your own work.


  
MINO - In the last couple of months I have found myself drawn to the kimono silhouette and I found the perfect trans-seasonal jacket by Helmut Lang that I just had to have. The love simplicity of it and the leather detailing at the back. Available at Zambesi.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home